What does the troop need from each parent?
- Make sure your son knows his schedule for all his activities - Encourage him to put scout activities in his school day planner.
- Take on a Troop Adult Leadership positions.
- Recognize your son's accomplishments: Attend Court of Honor - 2 per year.
- Come enjoy the outdoors on a campout or two.
- Commit to encouraging participation by your son.
- Commit to making sure your son meets obligation of Leadership Position -Examples:
- Attendance at planning meetings, storing of patrol gear, making sure patrol gear makes it to the outing or get it to someone who can get it there.
- Have son wear his uniform - Help him keep it up to date with rank patches and awards
- Patience - We're all volunteers
- Yearly rechartering fee due every November
- Fees for each Weekend campout
- Range from $2 to $20 depending on activity and location
- Plus Food money for each campout - Patrols create menus, buy their own food, and divide the cost amongst the members.
- Summer Weeklong camp includes food
- Summer High Adventure Camps: Range from $80 -$750 (Philmont, New Mexico, Jamborees, etc.) plus transportation.
- Fundraisers - We do 1-3 per year to keep the troop treasury full for Troop equipment, badges, etc.
- Equipment needed
- Scout Book
- Sleeping Bag and pad
- Rain Gear
- Eating utensils (Cup, Plate, Fork, Knife and Spoon)
- Back Pack (eventually will be needed for hikes; Boys can usually use duffle bags for a while)
- Personal tents are optional - Troop tents are supplied however some boys have their own.
Back to Home